Disclaimer.. this is not how every single person would have experienced a cesarean but this is my experience. If you haven’t read my previous posts then you wont know that, i had an emergency c section 1 year ago (the most traumatic time of my life).
- Number 1, they do not warn you about the after pain! It is extreme 😦
- I didn’t know what to expect at all, it was most definitely was not what you would expect.
- The pain is so real I couldn’t breathe, sneeze, cough, laugh and move for weeks. I struggled so bad, I just used to lay and cry to myself.. feel sorry for myself.
- Not only could I not do anything for myself I struggled like fuck to care and bond with my baby.. this was probably the hardest few weeks of my entire life.. nobody should have to go through what i went through.
- Let me just warn you ladies they make you take your own PLASTER OFF.. I’m just going to let that sink in. I had my c section not even 24 hours before and they said i must take the plaster (that was covering my lovely new scar) off. I was not only terrified i was mortified that the nurses expected me too, did it make me unable to go home if i couldn’t take this plaster off? I was a pussy for sure but i grew some balls, went and did it anyway as i was dying to take my baby home!
- They sent me home with a bag full of injections to take for 6 WEEKS.. I had to inject myself once everyday at the same time. Luckily i had Chris there to do it for me, AMEN to that.
- They definitely don’t tell you that its very likely you will get an infection, for me anyway i was bound to because i had/have a saggy tummy.. so it rubbed and got sore. My infection didn’t clear up until the third lot of antibiotics, that was such a pain as it prolonged the healing process for me.
- I had now also been on several tablets since i left hospital for the pain and the antibiotics, i felt like a frigging drug addict after a while. I was so dosed up it wasn’t healthy!
- After about 2 weeks Chris went back to work and i started to feel a little more human. I finally started to see a bond grow between me and my daughter, it was amazing it was all worth it. All the pain, stress and sleepless nights it was starting to become real and i felt that i was always supposed to be a mum.
- Finally thank god to Chris for being my absolute rock throughout this process, you cannot prepare someone for what they are about to go through but Chris definitely eased the process
Until next time lovelies.xo